As you can see from all the slips of paper sticking out of the top of the book I had marked a multitude of recipes to try and now I finally can. I found 2 meatloaf recipes, 1 from the brochure which is extremely similar to hubby’s favorite one that I have made for years and years and a sour cream recipe from the book that I decided to try. In the end the recipe I made was a combination of both recipes and hubby all but licked his plate. He kept telling me to find out where to get more of this sauce. He even put it on his mashed potatoes and thought that was just scrumptious. Normally he would use ketchup on his meatloaf, but tonight he used Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce. He decided Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce is our new ketchup.
I will be trying a few more recipes this week and will do a follow up for you.
Now for the giveaway. Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce has offered 2-two bottle sets for me to give you. The giveaway will run from today through Saturday, August 29th. You will earn 1 entry for each recipe you link to one of the tHe KrAzY KiTcHeN memes during this week. We will announce the winner on Simply Delicious Sunday August 30th. As a bonus you will earn an additional entry for every recipe that uses Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce.
12 ounces Velveeta cheese*
2 sticks butter
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
2 pounds powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)**
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the Velveeta, butter, Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce and chocolate. Microwave on high 2-4 minutes, stirring every minute until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate mixture gradaully while beating with an electric mixture until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*When I made a second batch of this recipe. it worked better cubed before microwaving
**I exchanged this for Heath Bar bits and loved it
COUNTRY BOB’S SOUR CREAM MEATLOAF ala TAMY
3 pounds ground beef
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup + Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix all together.
- Pour additional sauce over the top.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour off any excess moisture.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Makes wonderful sandwiches with the leftovers.