1 small bag baby carrots, halved
2 Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cubed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 +/- cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes and carrots until fork tender. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl place softened butter on the bottom followed by the hot carrots and potatoes.
- Mash together until uniform consistency.
- Add cream until desired consistency and seasonings.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 dozen equal sized Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (Balsamic Vinegar works well too)
1 lemon, juiced
3 green onions, sliced
3 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
- Wash, halve and drain the Brussels sprouts.
- Melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic. Saute’ until golden.
- Add Brussels sprouts and continue sauteing until tender.
- Add lemon juice and champagne vinegar. Heat through.
- Serve immediately.
3 cups mushroom mix (I used baby bellas and portabellas)
1 small shallot, minced
4 sprigs Thyme, minced
1/2 cup red wine
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 ounces demi-glace*
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute’ mushrooms until golden and tender.
- Add shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Continue to saute’ until translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine.
- Add the cream and demi-glace.
- Simmer until desired consistency.
- Serve over HOMESTYLE MEATOAF and mashed carrots.