CHOCOLATE OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER BLUEBERRY BARS
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking flour
1 teaspoon salt + pinch salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs
3 cups old fashion oats
1 1/2 + 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 + 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 /2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup dried blueberries
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, soda, teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one.
- Add vanilla and blend until light & fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Gently mix in oatmeal and 2/3 cup peanuts.
- Set aside 2 cups of mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 well greased baking dish.
- Scatter the blueberries randomly over the top of the oatmeal mixture.
- In a double boiler mix together the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and chocolate chips until melted and well blended.
- Stir in vanilla, raisins and remaining peanuts.
- Spread over the oatmeal layer.
- Working in small amounts flatten oat oatmeal dough and top chocolate mixture.
- With well greased fingers press gently on the top oatmeal dough to spread it out evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
I’m also offering these recipes for the oatmeal theme: