GARLIC DILL PICKLES
2 pounds cucumber pickles, washed
2 cups white vinegar
4 cups water
1/4 cup pickling salt
2 tablespoons fresh dill*
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 large Vidalia onion, whole
- Chill the cucumbers in a bowl of ice water for 30 minutes or more.
- In a medium non-reactive pan heat the water, vinegar and salt over a medium high heat until the salt is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cucumbers to desired size.
- Place cucumbers in large jar.
- Stir garlic, dill and mustard seed into vinegar mix.
- Pour cooled mixture over pickles.
- Place whole onion on top to weight pickles to keep them submerged.
- Set in a cool place for 3-4 days at room temperature and then move to refrigerator for crisp pickles.
*you can use dehydrated, but I prefer not to when at all possible – fresh gives such a better flavor!
CSN stores is helping us celebrate our birthday by giving YOU the present!
as they wish on any of the CSN.stores websites.
- Answer one question – What is your favorite kitchen appliance color?
- You can earn an extra entry by blogging about this contest. Come back and leave a 2nd entry with the link.
- You can earn another entry by becoming a follower of OUR KRAZY KITCHEN. Come back and leave a comment.
- You can earn another entry by signing up to be a guest host. Your guest host piece would need to be completed and in place before the deadline. We would then schedule it into our time slots available over the next 2 months.
- No entries after 11:30 pm Pacific Time Sunday, 6/27.
- Winner will be selected at random and announced Wednesday, June 30th.
- Good luck!