Don’t forget to enter our CSN STORES sponsored BIRTHDAY BASH GIVEAWAY here.
This is a tried and true recipe good for winter or summer because of the crock pot. Recently we were asked out for my aunt’s birthday party. At the last minute I was asked to prepare it at home instead. What could I say but yes? It is June in Texas though and I am miserable as my uncle believes he is freezing if you lower the thermostat below 80 degrees so I reallllllllllllllllllly didn’t want to turn on the oven, but needed a “Sunday” dinner meal for company. That is what is so nice about this recipe – it looks like you slaved in the kitchen all day, but really I plugged it in and went to an air conditioned museum for a few hours. But, shhhhhhhh don’t tell on me. These are so yummy and they turn out super tender – you’ll be able to cut them with a fork.
4 extra thick pork chops
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
3 large russet potatoes
1 can cream of asparagus soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 ounces Land of Lakes block cheese*, cut into chunks
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper generously on both sides of chops.
- Brown chops on both sides.
- While chops are browning, wash the potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch.
- Whisk together the soup, sour cream and milk.
- Spray crock pot with PURE.
- Layer potatoes slices, soup sauce and cheese chunks 2 or 3 times.
- Lay pork chops on top.
- Cook on low 4 hours.
*Velveeta works, but not nearly as well.
Try this Italian Green Bean & Tomato salad with this!