Hi friends, long time no see. It’s me, Martha (MM) here to bring you today’s simple meal.
Most of you know I love to cook, but with my super busy schedule I’m very much into meals that are quick and easy while still delicious. As a result I’ve also become a master of meal stretching – cooking a little extra and planning creatively with leftovers. Not only does it make for quick meal preparation, but it’s also very frugal, nothing goes to waste in my house.
Today’s featured pizza was a quick throw-together pizza made using up small amounts of leftovers. I had no idea how it was going to turn out. Trust me, I am not kidding when I say it’s one of the very best pizzas I’ve ever had in my life – and I am extremely picky about my pizza! This one is definitely going onto my “family favorites” list, it’s really that good!
I used a very basic homemade pizza dough or you could use store bought or even premade pizza crusts. This was perfect on a thin crust – quick tip, be sure to let pizza dough come to room temp before trying to work with it.
- Spread dough thinly and evenly on a large greased cookie sheet (or pizza stone).
- Spread a light layer of pesto (homemade or from a jar, either will work fine)
- Top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese
- Add a light sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese
- Add a layer of finely chopped chicken breast
- Add some very thinly sliced and then rough chopped tomatoes
- Top with partially cooked crumbled bacon (or use the precooked bacon like I did 🙂
Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes, cut, enjoy! Seriously one of the most delicious pizzas ever – try it!