|Mini Meat Loaves
1 pound Lean Hamburger
1 Egg, large
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Salt (or more to taste)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cups Brown Box Cracker Crumbs
2 *Onions (Medium, Of Choice, Peeled)
1 *Jalapeno (or more to taste)
4 *Cloves Garlic (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Chop onion, jalapeno and garlic to fine or process in blender, food processor.
- Adding just enough water to form a paste.
- We like the paste method as it seems to flavor the meat & we don’t like veggie chunks.
- Combine all ingredients except for the BBC Crumbs by squeezing though fingers.
- Once the ingredients are mixed well add the crackers and mix them through.
- Divide burger mixture into four (4) equal portions and form into loaves.
- Place in a casserole or large, heavy oven-proofing frying pan.
- The heavy frying pan is excellent for getting all the “good stuff” for the gravy.
- Bake approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Helpful Hint: Keep surgical gloves on hand just for this. You can purchase them at Walmart,
Sam’s or local drug store. We prefer the powder-free. You will find MANY uses for these
handy disposable gloves in the kitchen and in the home.
Brown Beer Gravy
3 tablespoons Drippings or vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup White Flour
1 cup Dark Beer (Shiner Bock is excellent)
1 cup Beef Broth or water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat drippings/oil to bubbling.
- Add flour and stir constantly to a bubbling caramel roux.
- Add beer and liquid continuing to stir constantly. The roux will smooth and thicken.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
Serving Suggestion: Slice mini meat loaves and top onto a mound of white or brown rice,
cover in gravy with a side of fresh sliced tomato.
Helpful Hint: Use beef broth instead or in combination with water when preparing rice.
You will be pleased!