CLASSIC GOOD EATS ~ SPICED SHREDDED PORK TACOS
4 pound pork shoulder roast
1 KNORR cilantro cube
1 KNORR onion cube
1 MAGGI pollo cube
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 cup apple juice
- Rinse and pat dry pork roast.
- In a small food processor add: cilantro, onion and chicken cubes. Pulse until granulated.
- Add cumin, chili powder and oregano. Pulse until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the wine. Pulse until well blended into a paste.
- Rub paste into all surfaces and crevices of your roast.
- Layer onion rings on bottom of roaster.
- Place roast over onion rings.
- Combine remaining wine and apple juice. Carefully pour around the roast.
- Cover tightly and roast at 300 degrees for several hours, turning ever now and then.
- When it’s fork tender, remove the lid, turn up the temperature to 400 degrees and roast another 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and let pork roast rest for 15 minutes.
- Shred the roast and return the meat to the juices.
- Serve with fresh warm tortillas, lime wedges, fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole and all other toppings of choice.