1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
11/2 tablespoon cumin
1 can green chiles, 4 oz.
2 teaspoons oregano
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 can tomato sauce, 15 oz. (I only used about 3/4 of it)
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, 6 oz.
10 – 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas
- Cook the ground turkey and the onions together.
- When the ground turkey is done, add spices, chiles and tomatoes. Let simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Turn off heat and add cheese and stir until melted.
- Put 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto tortilla and roll and place seam side down in a pan.
- Spray tops with cooking spray and bake in oven for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Total calories = 2569 calories
10 servings = 257 calories per chimichanga
2 Cheesy Chimichangas = 514 calorie dinner