Cottage Cheese dinner buns
source unknown, in my little black binder
350 degrees, for baking
1 package (1 scant tablespoon) yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cottage cheese
2 3/4 cup flour – divided
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water, add the sugar, stir.
- Gently warm the cottage cheese, and add to the yeast mixture along with the egg, salt, soda and 2 1/2 c of the flour.
- Slowly blend the flour into the wet ingredients, then mix well until mixture leaves the sides of the bowl, adding last 1/4 c flour if needed. Scrape down sides of bowl, when completely mixed. NOTE: dough is sticky.
- Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- The rising will take about 1 hour.
- Stir/punch down dough. Spoon into 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- If not ready to bake after 30 minutes, remove towel. Otherwise it may stick to the dough. If you need/want to store the dough, oil the tops lightly and cover loosely with wax paper and then a towel, put in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Makes 12 buns.
As always thanks for dropping in,
I do appreciate your stopping by.
For more great recipes, visit Mom’s Sunday Cafe!