Pecan-Stuffed Butternut Squash
2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13x9inch dishes; add 1/2 inch water. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in pecans. spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender.
-I divided the recipe in half.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash length-wise and then scoop it out.
- Fill the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with 1/2 inch of water and lay the squash, cut side down, into the dish.
- Bake or 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the squash is baking, mix together the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar.
- Throw in the pecans and mix it together.
- After about 45 minutes to an hour, pull the squash out and turn it over. Spoon in the cream cheese mixture.
- Put it back into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.