|Messy but good!|
Carolina “All The Way” Burger
source: Nibble Me This
- 4 plain hamburger buns
- 4 quarter pound burger patties
- 3/4 cup coleslaw
- 3/4 cup chili (this one from Amazing Ribs is very good)
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- yellow mustard to taste
- Preheat your grill to 450f. Grill the burgers 3-4 minutes per side or until an internal temp of 165f.
- Remove and assemble burgers.
- Top each patty with 3 Tbsp slaw, 3 Tbsp chili, 1 Tbsp onion and then mustard.
- Top with the bun top and give it a “smash together” and enjoy.
Burger Suggestion: If you don’t have a favorite burger mix, try 1 lb of ground round mixed with 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 egg. Divide in 4 parts, roll each into a ball and form into a flat 4″ patty.
Coleslaw suggestion: Chop 1/2 head of napa cabbage. Add in 1 shredded carrot and 2 Tbsp finely diced onion. Make a dressing of 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. If you like horseradish, throw some of that in there too. Mix thoroughly.
|It’s hard to beat a burger over hot coals.|
|Smashing it together makes it easier to eat.|