TODAY IS TRY A NEW RECIPE DAY AND I HAVE A GREAT ONE FOR YOU!
When I was a little girl my great aunt, Looney Louise, (okay we didn’t call her looney to her face, but it is what made her such fun) made a blueberry pudding cake with a tart lemon sauce that was out of this world! When Ron asked me to review NuNatural’s products Aunt Louise’s recipe was the furthest thing from my mind. After reviewing all the wonderful products that NuNaturals was gracious enough to send me and perusing the hundreds of recipes they also sent me, I settled on the blueberry cheesecake recipe. The more I thought of blueberries, the more I thought of Louise and so I made the requisite recipe changes to make it my own and bring me close to the reverse of Looney Louise’s recipe.
2 tablespoons Hershey’s caramel sauce
- Combine berries, 1 tablespoon water, and coarse salt in medium saucepan.
- Stir and mash over medium-low heat until reduced to sauce consistency, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, 4 tablespoons water, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in large saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup is golden amber, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan, 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in blueberry sauce; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cool sauce to room temperature.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.