The college football bowl season is gearing up and one of the frequent bowl game foods is chicken wings.
Whether you grill them, bake them, or fry them, it’s almost obligatory to serve them with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks. While it is tempting to just crack open a jar of bottled dressing, I like to have more of a thicker “dip” than a thin “dressing” like most bottled varieties. It sticks better to the wings and celery sticks.
I grilled some wings last week and this is the blue cheese dip that I made as a condiment.
Blue Cheese Dip for Hot Wings
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Dukes)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- Mix together all ingredients except for the blue cheese.
- Blend in the blue cheese, making sure to break up any big clumps.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld.