Easy Chicken and Dumplings
1 (32) oz of chicken broth
5 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 10 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 10 1/2 oz can of jumbo refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions: I always toss in some frozen chopped onions and season with a little pepper or Mrs. Dash. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil over med. high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to med. high : return to a low boil.
Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8 inch thickness: cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.;
Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture. Add peas and cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 min. stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cut up 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts to help them cook.
- Put the chicken pieces in boiling water and let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drain them and then shred it with 2 forks.
- Combine the chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and cooked chicken in a dutch oven. Bring it to a boil, turn it down and cover it and let it simmer for a bit and then turn it back up to a low boil.
- While the chicken is boiling in the stock, throw some flour down on the cutting board. Open the biscuits and pad them down until they were about 1/8 inch and then cut them into 1/2 inch strips.
- Drop them into the pot and let it cook, cover, for about 20 minutes. Stir it every once in a while so they biscuits didn’t stick.
- Put about 1/2 bag of green peas in the pot, too.
Here’s what you’ll end up with:
This recipe is so good and easy. The peas added a sweetness to the dish. I only added green peas but you could also add some carrots or whatever veggies you want to it.