Ahhh, the holiday parties have passed but don’t look now…NFL playoffs are starting and tailgate parties are popping up.
I know, chicken wraps can seem a little boring, but not these. These wraps are packed with the bold flavors of Carribean jerk seasoning and are great portable “party food”.
Jerk Chicken Wraps
Serves: 10 wraps
- 4 ea chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 1/2 cups jerk marinade (1/4 cup reserved for mayo)
- 10 ea flour tortilla, burrito size
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 oz cheese, sliced thin (monterey jack, colby jack, or pepper jack)
For the spicy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup jerk marinade
- Marinade the chicken according to the marinade directions. You can use a commercial brand, Walkerswood is a popular brand but I’ve never tried it. I prefer to make my own with a blend of dry seasonings, onions, chilies, and liquids (recipe here).
- Mix the mayo ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium heat (350f).
- Grill 8-10 minutes a side or until the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 160f.
- Let chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing as thin as you can across the grain.
- On each tortilla, smear 1 tablespoon of the spicy mayo to one side. Top with two slices of cheese, a handful of lettuce, and several slices of chicken.
- Fold the top of the tortilla down, the bottom up and roll up burrito style.
- Slice in half and serve.
- You can cook the chicken a day in advance. These wraps are delicious served hot or cold.
- I use a lower grill temp for chicken because I don’t want the savory marinade ingredients to burn. But if you like to grill at high temps and 4-6 minutes a side, knock yourself out.
- Also makes a tray of 20 appetizer servings.
- I like to wrap ours in deli paper before slicing, it holds them together better if making a tray of them.
|Jerk usually uses bone in chicken but tastes great on boneless chicken too!|
|Place to the side like this, fold top down, bottom up and roll left to right.|