March Madness is here and the NCAA basketball tournament has kicked off for this weekend. Wings are always a great “game day” food and here is one I made this past weekend.
Slam Dunk Wings
- 36 chicken wing pieces (wingettes and drummettes)
For the dry rub
- 1 1/2 tsp Lawry’s Season Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 oregano
For the toss sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
For the Dunk Sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp diced roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely minced
- Preheat a grill set up for indirect heat (or an oven) to 350f.
- Mix the “dunk sauce” together and refrigerate.
- Dry the wing pieces well* and season with the dry rub.
- Cook the wings for 30 minutes and then flip the wings. Cook another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the “toss sauce” over medium heat.
- Toss the wings in the toss sauce and grill another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with the Dunk Sauce
- This helps get a crisp skin.
|Grilling indirect makes wings nice and roasty toasty!|
|Tossing – No wings were harmed in this production 😉|
|Served with dipping sauce…..oh yeah!|